COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS
Great news everyone: we're still taking bookings so why not give us a call?
Whilst we are now shut due to England's national lockdown 2.0 (from November 5 until December 2), we are still able to take bookings from 3 December onwards, and we're open right up to Christmas.
Call us direct to make your booking, this way I can talk you through:
- what we are asking our guests to follow
- who else will be staying in the house
- and how you can best enjoy your stay under these circumstances.
Please note that all group bookings remain subject to any local lockdown requirements regarding multiple households from your home area(s), as well as for our area.
For those of you who have stayed with us already, you'll know that our approach to cleanliness is extremely thorough - which is also reflected in our guests reviews' scores. The well being of our guests and friends who work with us is - and will always remain - our top priority.
Due to the current UK government COVID-19 guidance, we are unable to accept any bookings from Tier 3 in England and Wales, and no Tier 3 or Tier 4 bookings from Scotland, and group bookings are obviously subject to any local lockdown requirements regarding multiple households.
When we reopen in December, we all need to remain vigilant. We will continue to manage our cleaning regimes and the space in the dining room during breakfast, as well as continuing to rotate our rooms in order to allow 24 hours between bookings. This might mean that whilst you may have booked a kingsize room, you might have a double room on arrival, or vice versa.
We will continue to do everything we can to protect our guests and friends who work with us. This includes following all the government mandatory guidelines, as well as guidance from national and international health authorities such as Public Health England and the World Health Organisation - alongside various industry bodies such as Cumbria Tourism Authority, Visit England and the B&B Association. We receive weekly updates from these industry bodies who are continuing to share hygiene recommendations and best-practice guidance. In addition, here are a few other steps we have implemented, to give our guests and friends further reassurance:
- When you check-in, we will confirm with you that neither you nor other guests have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases and therefore should be self-isolating at home
- We will also chat with you in the car park, weather permitting, to run you through everything relating to you room and your stay; if the weather is not playing on our side then I'll ask you to wait in the porchway (which is undercover)
- Face coverings must now be worn in the public areas until you are seated at your breakfast table or in your room, and we will wear a face covering whilst serving your breakfast
- Where possible, we take payment on the morning of your arrival - to reduce handling of the card machine - and have your receipt ready for you on arrival
- Our laundry is provided externally and our supplier cleans to NHS standard, and our rooms will continue to be deep cleaned and disinfected after each stay
- For the immediate future, we have removed all soft furnishings where possible and replaced them with items which can washed and rotated after each stay. For example, we have temporary covers for our bedheads, bedspreads have been replaced with fleeces and throws, and our cushions have been replaced with colourful pillowcases
- We will continue to stagger our breakfast times to allow guests to enjoy their breakfasts and to enable more social distancing. You can book your breakfast time before you arrive if you wish, just give us a call
- The dining room is set-up to allow maximum social distancing between guests and we're asking our guests to sit at the same table each day, with each table having its own condiments and jams, milk and butter
- If you pre-ordered fresh fruit salad and fruit juices via the breakfast menu, these will be on your table when you come down to breakfast. Yogurts and cereals are served as individual portions
- We also have a charming hatchway between the kitchen and dining room where we can chat safely, to help you with your plans for your days activities
- The dining room and other public areas will continue to be cleaned to the highest standard and hand sanitiser is available in the hall, the dining room, and on both the first and second floor landings - for guests to use - as well as in each room
- If you wish to have a take-away evening meal in the House rather than eat out, our local pubs and restaurants can offer you this service, and you're welcome to eat your meal in the dining room, at your table - just ask us for some recommendations. Some menus are available in your room, as well as online
- When our guests check-out, we will ask them to call us to let us know if they develop symptoms within 14 days of leaving Maple Bank
- When you leave, we are now asking our guests to strip their beds and pop their bedlinen and towels into a clean laundry bag for us and leave it in your room, leave your windows open, leave your key in the bedroom door and put all glasses/cups on a tray outside your room
- If you were to develop symptoms during your stay, we will ask you to head home to seek professional medical care
- And finally, we have set up an action plan and log-book in case we are required to report any Covid-19 cases to Public Health England and Allerdale Council and contribute to any contact-tracing requests. The House will then have a further deep clean.
Hopefully all of this will give you peace of mind and means you can relax and enjoy your stay.
Your support for the UK tourism industry is really appreciated and 'thank you' again to those of you who have contacted us to wish us well. Whilst we are a small business, like most other small businesses, we source as much as we can from local suppliers and businesses. Our guests have a choice of pubs in the village, all within walking distance. Our guests shop for holiday treats and souvenirs in the surrounding villages and towns - as well as treating themselves in local cafes and restaurants. And we have a wonderful team of local craftsmen who we have been working with over the last 24 months refurbishing and maintaining the house and garden. All of these are either small businesses or self-employed folk who rely on your support when you come to stay in the Lakes.
If you wish to make a booking for 2021, then do just give us a call direct, as it's probably easier to work out which room will suit you best. In addition, if you wish to book several rooms for you and your family to have exclusive access to the house, then please do call direct. This will ensure we can reserve the most suitable dates and best room options for you.
Please note that all group bookings remain subject to any local lockdown requirements regarding multiple households from your home area(s), as well as for our area. Due to the current UK government COVID-19 guidance, we are unable to accept any bookings from Tier 3 in England and Wales, and no Tier 3 or Tier 4 bookings from Scotland
Stay safe everyone and we look forward to welcoming you to Maple Bank.
Kate, Ann and wee Tara